How to make mirror reflection more smooth

Vijay Kumar

@Wingnut almost always nails it - but also can let his mind go places no one has gone before. A value of 4096 looks great, but considering practically every available display including 4K, it only requires half of this resolution which is 2048 (and only a slight difference using a value of 1024) - and I don't see any difference other than the position of where display banding occurs in rendering. So any power of two value will work, and I generally never go beyond my X or Y resolution. However, I always have to recognize Mr. @Wingnut as he is an incredible resource and absolutely afraid of nothing. Unlike me, he ALWAYS takes the time to test his responses and provides code examples which is invaluable to the person asking the question. If he were ever to disappear from this forum, much would be lost by this community.

:)  Thanks DB, I think.  I don't really like that Wingnut guy, personally.  He's into EVERYONE's business except his own, and often leads people down dangerous paths.  Too much time spent yapping, not enough time spent learning, I suspect. heh

Yeah, 4096 is "crazy" high.  I just kept increasing the number until I saw no more jaggies in the mirror.  My primary concern was that Vijay had waited 10 hours on a weekend, watching a forum with 500 users... NOT show him a simple knob to turn to make his jaggies go away.  Some forum users have said something akin to "This is not a business... don't expect business-grade customer service."

I agree with that.  I try to exceed business-grade customer service, here.  We're better than business.  We actually REALLY care.  Well, I care, anyway. 

Ten hours of lost weekend time for Vijay is TOO LONG of a wait, in my opinion.  So, I quickly showed him the knob to turn, gave him an indicator that 4096 might be a "crazy" high number, and got friend Vijay rolling down the BJS highway again.  The important thing... get Vijay a knob to turn and test, and do it in less than 10 hours next time. 

It was a customer service failure on my part.  I got tied-up for some hours... working on BJS docs.  I had to freshen some pics and info in the Playground Tutorial.  Proof-readings -> reports welcomed. 

I also went on a miserable and failed search for Monaco keyboard shortcuts, and ended-up modifying a list of keyboard shortcuts from the Ace editor... until it worked for Monaco (Monaco is our playground's editor).  Proofreads welcome on those hotkeys, too.  View source on the hotkeys list to see commented-out shortcuts (shortcuts that didn't seem to work when tested in our Monaco playground editor).  (yawn)

If I ever disappeared from the forum, what would be lost is lots of excess noise (and lots of ellipses).  hehe.  Thanks for the resolution info and kind words, DB. 

The customer solution has to be there in 30 minutes, or it's free.   Oh wait, that's a pizza thing, isn't it?  ;)