Unusual Post- Pryme8's Contribution

dbawel

Hello,

I haven't yet seen a post such as what I'm currently writing, but I thought it wise to post how this forum is beginning to bring users together on real world projects. I recently took on a project which as briefly described to me seemed simple enough. Although it was a very short schedule to deliver. One week prior, a key developer @Pryme8 who is often seen on this forum offered to show me how I might optimize code I had posted previously, and I thought to reach out to him directly.

Within the first week, I learned that the scope of the project was far in advance of the initial description. Thus, I instictively knew that I would not be able to deliver the project on time, and also lacked some of the fundamental experience required to complete the project on schedule. So I reached out to @Pryme8, and asked if he had time to assist. He was on another project at the time, but was free for one week before my delivery to assist with my project. I'm happy to say that the delivery is now happening this week, and not only was he able to assist, but I learned much from working directly with him. Not to mention, his code is as close to perfection as I've ever seen - but that's perhaps for another post.

So what I hope to come from this post, is that we are always stronger working together, as is the world of open source, and if you ever have the opportunity to work with @Pryme8 (I'll with hold his real name for now)I highly recommend you jump at the chance. I could not have delivered my project without this forum, the help from all users, and speificaly the vast experience from the one user I was lucky enough to have contacted me prior.

This forum rocks!:D

DB

Awww shucks Dave thanks!  I really enjoyed working with you as well, you were lots of fun and great to talk to.  I really hope more of the guys kick in on group projects and find like minds to help them meet their tasks.  I know I can be a pain to deal with with my Aspergerssssss or or how ever you spell it but you were very tolerant and understanding at key times and were one of my better collaborations.  I hope all goes well with the product launch and know the Monkey King is always here to assist if necessary! ^_^

btw I'm smiling from ear to ear right now! Thank you for your kind words and the opportunity to create something cool!

*EDIT***
WEST COAST STAND UP! WOOT!

ohh and Thank you @Deltakosh for starting this great engine and supporting this community! and all the other guys who have contributed their time to make this a solid engine for the working GL developer! Especially small time indie guys like little ol' @dbawel and myself...