Calculating rotation from direction

DigiHz Data

Actually, it's normal that the computed rotation is wrong when you align the stop with the initial world axis chosen to compute the first cross vector (please read carefully this sentence).

The example Adam and I gave to you was in order to make you understand how this works. We don't do your work, we give you snippets, hints and explanations. Then please, take the time to read the code and try to understand it.

I can give another hint : as you can't always compute the spot rotation from the cross product with one of the world axis (in case the spot direction is collinear with this world axis), I would

- either test if the light direction is collinear with the world axis and get another one (say, Y instead of X) if this is the case before computing the first cross product

- either use another approach what would be to compute the light direction from the spot orientation

up to you ;)

@jerome

I thank you for trying to explain to me.

I give it a try later on then when i have learned to be a proffesional about matrixes, upvectors, and what more that is needed.

The solution is not ment for only me, but for all that is using BJS.

Meanwhile....

A PG for point lights.

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#18TRYT