Waltonia: A Darwin Sandbox

http://waltonia.co.uk

Waltonia is a simulation of an evolving ecosystem, which you create.  You can populate the world with species of plants, herbivores and carnivores.  These can either be of your design or just randomly created.  Once in the world you lose control of them, they will breed, interact and evolve.  Your world isn't isolated because every so often creatures will migrate between players worlds, maybe carrying player designed diseases or pollen from genetically modified plants.  

Features

• Fully modelled genetics which feeds in to the look and colour of the creatures
  • A climate model which includes a fully realised fluids model which controls the oceans, which in turn feed your plants
  • Asynchronous multiplayer where your creatures travel through other players worlds
  • A gallery to share and compare your worlds with other players
  • An XP levelling system (with leaderboards) to unlock powerful abilities to have more control over your world

This is the first time I've done anything on the web related or made a game at all.  I've got a small community of players and have been continuously updating the game for a few months now.  I spend a lot of my free time working on this and would love any feedback. In the future I'm planning to add achievements and a more, well lets say aggressive, multiplayer element. 

post-5902-0-43081100-1387566556.png