dynamically position

JimmyBuchman

Sequence of numbers a(0), a(1), a(2). Let gap be 2 * sphere diameter + a bit. For a(i) having s spheres set the x position of a sphere to be i * gap  and the y position of the sphere be k * gap  for 0 ≤ k < s

Use this idea to produce a playground any more questions easier to refer to playground.

5 hours ago, JohnK said:

Sequence of numbers a(0), a(1), a(2). Let gap be 2 * sphere diameter + a bit. For a(i) having s spheres set the x position of a sphere to be i * gap  and the y position of the sphere be k * gap  for 0 ≤ k < s

Use this idea to produce a playground any more questions easier to refer to playground.

JohnK, you think i'm in the right way ? if I change de values everything goes wrong

var createScene = function () {

// This creates a basic Babylon Scene object (non-mesh)
    var scene = new BABYLON.Scene(engine);

// This creates and positions a free camera (non-mesh)
    var camera = new BABYLON.FreeCamera("camera1", new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 5, -149), scene);
    camera.attachControl(canvas, true);

// This targets the camera to scene origin
    camera.setTarget(BABYLON.Vector3.Zero());

var light = new BABYLON.HemisphericLight("light1", new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 1, 0), scene);

// Default intensity is 1. Let's dim the light a small amount
    light.intensity = 0.7;

// Spheres
    var spheresCount = 5;
    var p=[1,3,1];
    var alpha = 0;
    var alfay=0;
    var atual = 0;

var x=[];
    var y=[];
    var boo = true;
    for (var index = 0; index < 3; index++) {

if(p[index]==1){

console.log('if');
              var sphere = BABYLON.Mesh.CreateSphere("Sphere" + index, 32, 4, scene);
              sphere.position.x = 10 * Math.tan(alpha+5);

}else{
            console.log('else');
             console.log(p[index]);
            for(j=0;j<p[index];j++){
            var sphere = BABYLON.Mesh.CreateSphere("Sphere" + index, 32, 4, scene);
           sphere.position.y = 10 * Math.tan(alfay+5);
            sphere.position.x = 10 * Math.tan(auxx);
            alfay += (2 * Math.PI) / spheresCount;

}

}

alpha += (2 * Math.PI) / spheresCount;

}

return scene;

};

6 hours ago, JohnK said:

if i use an array = [1,3,1] its go fine but if i put an array [1,3,1,2] when i get on the number 2, the position.x goes wrong

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#XALW2#0

what can i do ?

29 minutes ago, iiceman said:

@JimmyBuchman I am not sure what you mean by layer by layer... like that: http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#XALW2#13 -> click spheres (has a bug, sometimes if you click them in the wrong order it draws a wrong connection)

Something like this, but this has to do automatically, loke the image below. I can already make this connection, but have some problem that is not following the matrix of weights correctly.

thi is the code i'm using, unfortunately it wont work in the playground, but there it is > http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#2AV3DG#0

iceman.png

@JimmyBuchman -

Perhaps everyone is overthinking this - if I understand the original question correctly. It appears you only want to translate the objects, sprites, or whatever in X and Y - so if you will be maintaining their Z as a constant (in relation to the camera and world space), then in using a pick == true function, simply test using the following function to read your canvas cursor position and print to the console (or echo to the canvas) to use to build a function to calculate the math required to translate your objects in your final translation function. The function below will only print your canvas X,Y cursor values to the JS console:

onmousemove = function(e){console.log("mouse location:", e.clientX, e.clientY)}

Again, the above is simply a function to write to the JS console to calculate the cursor values needed for your actual function to move your objects in X and Y; so begin simply by placing this function into a script and print your canvas cursor positions to the JS console to calculate the pick and delta (X.Y move) positions. To ultimately use this in your scene as I believe you initially described, convert the X,Y cursor positions to apply as a delta on each picked object in X and Y in your BJS scene.

DB