Learnignto use Phaser

RobertoMolina

Hi @RobertoMolina!

In order to use Phaser you don't need to use a Java server like Tomcat. Just an static HTTP server. Most popular ones are Apache and Nginx. You can even use Python's builtin http server.

python -m SimpleHTTPServer

Phaser games can be hosted even on free hosting sites if you want.

I've noticed you speak Spanish. Take a look at: Gamedev Hispano , they can help you in Spanish with Phaser.

There's nothing wrong with Tomcat, @RobertoMolina it just sounds like you have files in the wrong location, you could do that with any of the other servers mentioned here.

Having backed the big Java beast, I would say to follow TomAtom's advice and use Node (unless you're from a different background and comfortable with other tools, which you're not given the problem), we're JSers so using a JS back-end makes sense as thats now possible. Not that it really matters for firing up a server though, there are loads of projects that will spin up a server (I even have my own called hench haha :)) in your current directory, they all require a bit of knowledge of the command line though, only a little bit, if you're uncomfortable on the command line then spinning up a server sounds like a nice easy way to get started (you need to know it!).