The game doesn't work properly on Android 4.0

foldem

Hi all,

I'm about to finish my first game made with Phaser, the very last issue left:

Everything works well on desktop and iOS devices, but not Android (4.0).

The game preloads, show the graphic and Play btn, but I can't tap it (at least nothing changes when I try to tap it). If I rotate the device, I see that the MainMenu screen is displayed normally (and the same for all the taps). So pretty much it reacts on the tap, but somehow doesn't display changes, only after I rotate the device..

I use Phaser 1.1.3 and Phaser.CANVAS in the game init.

Any thought are welcome. 

Do other CANVAS only based html5 games work ok on that device? There are a lot of Android devices out there with known screen redraw issues: http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/603-anyone-seen-this-android-412-bug/ but that may not be it, so worth doing some more tests first. Like does it work in Chrome but not Stock browser? Are any errors thrown you could debug? Maybe try disabling audio?

Yes, other canvas based games behave the same way on the device. However, in Chrome it works well. Disabling audio didn't change anything for the Stock browser - the same problem. So I guess the device is one of those that doesn't support Phaser normally (at least on the default browser). 

IT might be scaling issue.
My game  behaved very weird on android 4.2 till i found i need to lock and align in same position to make it work.
Can you paste yours scaling code?

My problem was ,that game didnt worked on portrait mode ,even thought  it loaded,but menu and game play only apeared in horizontal position than i rotated device.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the scaling code: 

this.game.stage.scaleMode = Phaser.StageScaleMode.EXACT_FIT;this.game.stage.scale.maxWidth = null;this.game.stage.scale.maxHeight = null;this.game.stage.scale.minWidth = null;this.game.stage.scale.minHeight = null;this.game.stage.scale.pageAlignHorizontally = true;this.game.stage.scale.pageAlignVertically = true;this.game.stage.scale.setScreenSize();

Thanks!

IT might be scaling issue.
My game  behaved very weird on android 4.2 till i found i need to lock and align in same position to make it work.
Can you paste yours scaling code?

My problem was ,that game didnt worked on portrait mode ,even thought  it loaded,but menu and game play only apeared in horizontal position than i rotated device.