Testing user's graphic performance

0l4f

Hello all!

I'm currently working on a website that has a Babylon.js scene as it's background, and also includes a game created with Babylon.js.

I'm trying to keep the scene as simple as possible - I'm only using planes and their clones - and I'm testing on a 2013 ASUS laptop where I'm getting constant 60FPS.

But of course, there are users out there with lower graphics performance, and I'm trying to find a way to test and handle that.

In my current setup, I monitor the FPS in the first ten seconds, and if it averages under 45FPS, I call scene.dispose(); and set a cookie so the scene won't be loaded next time.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, here a video of the submarine-themed game in progress :) :

Hello

first I have to say that I like your game design! simple and efficient

Regarding performance testing, this is a tough topic. Instead of disposing the scene you can first try to reduce complexity by playing with scene.setHardwareScaling to change the number of pixels actually drawn:

Example here for the Ruins demo: https://github.com/BabylonJS/Website/blob/master/Demos/Ruins/demo.js#L79