[SOLVED] - WEBGL IOS SHADER PROBLEM

MackeyK24

I have been running a shader on mac and pc using splatmaps... But for some reason on iOS the console reports these errors... Is there something kind of compatibility layer i need to do something special for iOS in shaders???

Does anybody have a clue has to what the error could be coming from when run on iOS ... works fine on regular computer.

58bfed7bad479_ScreenShot2017-03-08at1_39_18AM.thumb.png.6a6f7630c280bf23fd5218a59aad41e4.png

If anyone needs to take a look at my actual shader code:

Terrain_Splatmap.vertex.fx

Terrain_Splatmap.fragment.fx

Note this is only an issue on iOS mobile so far and ONLY after trying to use forth splat texture 'albedoSampler4' ... Weird ... Is there a MAX texture limit on IOS...

Works great on pc, mac, android and xbox... just craps after forth splat on iOS 

@Deltakosh , @Sebavan or @RaananW got any ideas :)

4 hours ago, Kesshi said:

According to http://webglreport.com/ IOS can use up to 8 texture units at once (Max Combined Texture Image Units). It reports 32 for chrome on desktop for me.

Which part are you going by the Fragment Shader:  Max Texture Image Units 16 on mac  in safari or the Total Combined Texture Units which also 16 for me on safari

5 hours ago, Kesshi said:

According to http://webglreport.com/ IOS can use up to 8 texture units at once (Max Combined Texture Image Units). It reports 32 for chrome on desktop for me.

Hey @Deltakosh or @Sebavan ... Do you know which number it goes by for the max textures... The Fragment Max Texture unit of 16 for example or the Max Combined Texture units which on my mac with chrome shows 80:

58c0506c33200_ScreenShot2017-03-08at8_39_29AM.thumb.png.a8f856cdd95db5e8fef88868775229e2.png

My iPhone reports 8 for both fragment and max combined so that is why i get issues on iOS ... but i am trying to write some 'scaling' logic in my shader material to scale back the environment texture of some of splats depending on how many you have to work with on that platform... But i need to know what number i should be working with... the fragment texture unit as the MAX or the 'Max Combined Texture Image Units' as the MAX

ALSO... How can i check this for max texture units available in webgl so i can act accordingly :)