Looking for a short Comic book with "modern" art style

aladine

Hello, 

Am new to comics and i just finished Colder by Dark Horse, even that i didn't like the ending but it was very fun to go through it, 
am looking for another comic like that, not story wise cause am open to anything good, i just doesn't want a long comic and i would love it to have "modern" art style if that is a good term to use. 

thank's a lot 

I just finished reading Empire of the Wolf, which was pretty excellent. And also I can strongly recommend Wizzywig - which is a fantastic dive into hacker culture, phone phreaking and the response to it. It's a little dark in places, but overall I thought the story was very well told and the art style fresh and gritty.

Of course there is the sublime Sandman series, which I would urge anyone to read, comic book fan or not. I would start with Preludes and Nocturnes and in paper form if you can, it's just a much better experience than digital for this sort of artwork imho. Plus you could get it off ebay super cheap, or easily find it in a local library it's that well established as work of comic genius :)

Yeah Sandman is pretty amazing, I got an omnibus edition for my birthday:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandman-Omnibus-HC-Neil-Gaiman/dp/1401241883/ref=sr_1_2

Need to get the omnibus part 2 now! On the whole I'd have to admit I am a big fan of Neil Gaimans stories in general.

I also used to love all the Aliens comics - if only they'd stuck to those story lines for the films  rather than making such a mess with Aliens 3 and Alien Resurrection!

Yeah I'm a bit of a Gaiman groupie too :) Ocean at the end of the lane was such a wonderful book! And his 'childrens' book The Wolves in the Walls is great too :)

I've got all the Aliens comics from the first time around when they were published in magazine form by Dark Horse in the UK, and I agree totally. Every Alien 3 / Resurrection was a movie abomination :(

I also really enjoyed Ocean at the end of the lane, but somehow I think Neverwhere will always be my favourite, even though it doesn't necessarily cohere quite as well as some of his other stories. I've not heard of the Wolves in the Walls though, it looks brilliant! I'll have to get that to read to my kids. We've already got The Graveyard book ready and waiting but my eldest only just turned 6 so I think it might be a bit too much for her yet.