Mobile or desktop?

AllanRW

I send my game to publishers. One of them told me that it doesn't work properly and that it is a common well known issue on construct 2..

Of course, like with everything, one has to know one's way around mobile development and its caveats, in Construct2 as well as everywhere.

But a lot of people (including myself) have amassed serious amounts of currency creating and selling mobile HTML5 games with C2. One might even argue that it is maintained a lot better than certain competitors. It is, in the right hands, perfectly capable of creating robust, compatible and well performing games.

So whoever told you this.. I call him a quack  :P

If you have trouble with certain C2 aspects I strongly encourage you to go on the Scirra forums and ask - the community is kind, full of mobile devs and willing to help. Also, I personally found the main developer to be very responsive and helpful when I approached him directly with specific issues.

Of course, like with everything, one has to know one's way around mobile development and its caveats, in Construct2 as well as everywhere.

But a lot of people (including myself) have amassed serious amounts of currency creating and selling mobile HTML5 games with C2. One might even argue that it is maintained a lot better than certain competitors. It is, in the right hands, perfectly capable of creating robust, compatible and well performing games.

So whoever told you this.. I call him a quack  :P

If you have trouble with certain C2 aspects I strongly encourage you to go on the Scirra forums and ask - the community is kind, full of mobile devs and willing to help. Also, I personally found the main developer to be very responsive and helpful when I approached him directly with specific issues.

Here's his quote on the issue

'Games done with gamemaker or construct2 have have issues on the samsung galaxy devices running on android 4.1-4.2 the issue on this specific game is a massive lagging so the game doesn’t even start.

I think there is nothing you can do, we licensed a bunch of games and all of the games done with those engines simply do not work. I would suggest you to go for create js or haxe. Those work good.'

I don't have enough knowledge to know what's he telling me. @fatalfluff, can you enlighten me with this?