How should i learn Phaser.Io?

ozansiar

I have two questions.

1. The first one is, how should i learn Phaser.io?
  2. And, is game making with canvas HTML5 and JS a good idea? If some people wanted to stole my code, can i prevent this? If yes, how?
  • As for my first question, i found this page, https://phaser.io/docs/2.6.2/index but there are too many rules and formulas for making a game... I'm afraid to learn all i guess... Simultaneously, i'm learning intermediate PHP, basics JS and MySql, some of advanced HTML5, CSS3, But i wanted to know, is it worth to learn game development with a framework like Phaser or directly with Phaser? I'm almost new to game development, but these are my wonders that i wanted to know and get an answer...
  • For second question, how should i hide my codes for not to be stolen. Using HTML5 canvas? Is this a good idea? When i tried the inspect the canvas made games, i couldn't see the code in canvas as much as i remember.

Thank you all for your advices.

Best way to learn phaser is from the examples: https://phaser.io/examples

Making code not steal-able is a little bit more difficult, obviously uglifing your code can help but your going to want to look into obfuscation.

You can also write some code to verify against your server, which I do.

Realistically its a good platform for 2d games and allows you to port it to many clients, like mobile and desktop.

As egk said go to the examples page take a look at the examples. Then head to youtube and find some Phaser tutorials, this should get you over the basics, not many videos on the more advanced topics.

After that go to github and search for Phaser projects, you will find a bunch of simple games that have been released back into the community by their creators. I learnt Phaser initially by playing around with a simple flappy bird example.

• 1 year later...

I try to learn Phaser but threre is not something to take me from here and going with me there!

I am disappointed. And I know a lot about the field. Javascript, html, css, d3.js. bur phaser is like to try to learn a new language but there are not any good books for this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 6:30 AM, makis said:

I try to learn Phaser but threre is not something to take me from here and going with me there!

I am disappointed. And I know a lot about the field. Javascript, html, css, d3.js. bur phaser is like to try to learn a new language but there are not any good books for this.

I agree, it is extremely annoying trying to learn this framework.

I might just focus on learning Unity instead since there are so many people using it.

Listen Unity for 3D games. It is good. But 3d it is not good at all. Unthinkfull difficult and also frustrating. Dont think about it even for one second.

There is a 2d game engine that has many resources to see and read and learn it. Its name: Godot!

Χωρίς τίτλο.png