Preparing the Sprite-sheet

ixdHenry

I am trying to learn how to make a sprite from a spritesheet and I'm following Kitty's tutorial as a reference on how to work with spritesheets. https://github.com/kittykatattack/learningPixi#sprites

I am using Texture Packer to create my spritesheet. I was successful in exporting all my images the only thing that has me confused is why do I have a .json file for each of my images?

Untitled.png.3681c16992177cc92c43afbe2478a8c2.png

I suspect this is because I had to enable multipacking because all my images wouldnt fit on one sheet. In a lot of the examples I've seen online most devs just import one tile-sheet  and one .json file. I was expecting Texture Packer to do the same, now I am unclear how I would import all of this...just for one sprite. Is there a better method of doing this? 

Quick info about the images I am using, I made a 3d render in Blender and exported the final render into .png frames, the size on each frame is roughly 2000x1000. Perhaps there's another way I could export my render and have it ready for PIXI? 

In texture packer, you can set the max texture atlas size. If it's creating an atlas for each image, then you probably have that setting at 2048x2048. Raise it to 4096x4096 and you'll get 4 images in per atlas.

Ultimately, though, atlases are for putting lots of small individual images into one texture. You have _huge_ individual images, so not surprising atlassing isn't working out so well! With images that large, you don't have many alternate options. Raise the texture atlas size, or lower the size of the Blender output