SmoothStep2D, Javascript 2D Game Development Framework

Gallo

Hello, i listen about this site in a Gamasutra article about HTML5 game development, it looks really interesting site to share and find information about this topic.  I'm writting this post to announce an open source project in wich I has been working for the last months, it is called SmoothStep2D, a complete framework to create 2D games in HTML5 Canvas element. This is a new and young open source project, but the framework has been released with a lot of interesting features. I'm looking for people interested in contribute to the project or simply use it for his own projects an give me some feedback. You can visit the blog and see some samples here:

http://ss2d.wordpress.com/support/

There is a list of SmoothStep2D key features:

- Free and open source.

- Total abstraction of the rendering API for both WebGL and Context2D versions.

- Complete scene manager and object transformation inheritance.

- Easy to use realtime animation and timer helpers.

- Vector math operations, collision detection, hit point test, coordinate space transformation and other typical game related operations.

- Smart resource manager to load content of any type.

- Support for 71squared Glyph Designer and Angelscript Bitmap fonts.

- Support for 71squared Particle Designer systems (WebGL only).

- Support for Code'n'web Texture Packer atlas files.

- Support for Spine 2D Skeletal models and animations.

- Support for spritesheet animations with custom JSON file (looking for the appropriate tool).

- HTML5 Audio element or low level AudioContext API when available to play sound files.

- Integrated physics with Box2D and rigid body components.

- Realtime Multiplayer client/server comunication interface with WebSockets and node.js.

- Support for adding your own shader materials.

- Full Object Oriented framework build on top of Google Closure Library.

- Use it as a simple library for fast prototyping and testing or create big projects building your game classes on top of SmoothStep2D and Google Closure.

Now I'm focusing on add more documentation and samples every week, so I invite you to try SmoothStep2D and enjoy it. I will appreciate any feedback.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I'm adding documentation and some live coding video that you can see in the blog, soon I will add an example about playing sounds from an scene object.  

I would like to know if there are someone here using the Framework or has plans to use the framework in some project and give me some feedback.

Thanks.