2D Camera

Sentinel

I've taken a look at pixi-viewport and I really like it except for the ease drag part and the fact that it can't return a PIXI.DisplayObject that I can add myself to the stage and render it.      t
So I have a Pixi.Container I want the camera to move around instead of it inheriting the render and using its own render loop.

Basically I want the same result as the Phaser.io Camera

Maybe the documentation is just confusing me, but I can't seem to get it to work like I want.

Is there any other way to do this? Because I want to have a GUI overlay.

22 minutes ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

Search for "camera" in this subforum, I've made some simple solutions and people commented with their editions.

Found what I was looking for.

Is there any way I can implement a mouse drag event? So the camera follows the cursor position while dragging, and doesn't when drag has ended.

I had that thing buried somewhere. Sorry, its lost. You have to look up all the threads about drag , and take closest solution.

Oh, wait, found one: http://pixijs.io/examples/#/projection/basic.js , good example of how to drag and click elements. Dont mind pixi-projection usage.

If it doesnt suit you, learn how toLocal/toGlobal and those things work, I'm sure you can find solution. I've used something like that for 2d maps and elements on them before.

1 hour ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

I had that thing buried somewhere. Sorry, its lost. You have to look up all the threads about drag , and take closest solution.

Oh, wait, found one: http://pixijs.io/examples/#/projection/basic.js , good example of how to drag and click elements. Dont mind pixi-projection usage.

If it doesnt suit you, learn how toLocal/toGlobal and those things work, I'm sure you can find solution. I've used something like that for 2d maps and elements on them before.

Got it working from the projection example.

Thanks a lot for the spoonfeeding :D

• 3 years later...

That's default solution. You can also use "pivot" and not a position.

basically,

stage.position.set(renderer.screen.width/2, renderer.screen.height/2);
stage.scale.set(1.33);//scale it whatever you want
stage.pivot.set(myCharacter.x, myCharacter.y); //now character inside stage is mapped to center of screen