[WIP] Kawaii Ketchup

webdva

I've kinda been developing this game in a vacuum. So, if it wouldn't be too much trouble for you, and if you would like to, could you give me criticism or feedback such as what the game does that appeals to you or what the game does that you don't like? I might be missing something, I think. It's still a work in progress (kinda like an alpha version?) and I hope to have it really polished by the end of the first quarter of 2018.

Also, I kinda just wanted to share and promote the game :P

It's like an arcade game where you try to avoid getting hit by flying ketchup bottles and then you eat raisins in order to stay alive.

https://webdva.itch.io/kawaii-ketchup

game over screen

And also, you can look at the source code.

https://github.com/webDva/Kawaii-Ketchup

• 1 month later...

I'm loving the concept. I'm a nube as well, but the feedback I would give is that you may want to start off with just a few bottles and gradually work up a little more slow. At time is was imporssible to avoid a cluster of bottles that took most of my life in one corner. After 5 plays I was only able to get about 2000 pts. Still fun and good good so far.

1 hour ago, GuiGhost said:

I'm loving the concept. I'm a nube as well, but the feedback I would give is that you may want to start off with just a few bottles and gradually work up a little more slow. At time is was imporssible to avoid a cluster of bottles that took most of my life in one corner. After 5 plays I was only able to get about 2000 pts. Still fun and good good so far.

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for the feedback and praise!

I'll add the feature of letting the difficulty start slow and then letting it ramp up.

Good start.

I had the same experience that GuiGhost mentioned above. Bottles come towards the character and surround it very fast. It does make it difficult. However it's not the difficulty that's the problem. I find it more frustrating that I can't find the pattern that the bottles follow to come to the character. If they were following a certain rule: say coming down in straight line under the weight of gravity, then I would know to move sideways in time to avoid them. If they are going to move sideways, then there should be some pattern to them (e.g. bouncy physics), so that I can anticipate where they are going and avoid getting in their path. Right now it seems they randomly gang up on the character and do that pretty quickly.

Also given the screen size of the game, the proximity at which the bottles harm the character seems too big. i.e. the character has to try to stay far away from the bottles all the time (which makes it further difficult to beat).

Good luck. Looking forward to see how the game takes shape.

On 2/12/2018 at 8:45 PM, Jayesh said:

Good start.

I had the same experience that GuiGhost mentioned above. Bottles come towards the character and surround it very fast. It does make it difficult. However it's not the difficulty that's the problem. I find it more frustrating that I can't find the pattern that the bottles follow to come to the character. If they were following a certain rule: say coming down in straight line under the weight of gravity, then I would know to move sideways in time to avoid them. If they are going to move sideways, then there should be some pattern to them (e.g. bouncy physics), so that I can anticipate where they are going and avoid getting in their path. Right now it seems they randomly gang up on the character and do that pretty quickly.

Also given the screen size of the game, the proximity at which the bottles harm the character seems too big. i.e. the character has to try to stay far away from the bottles all the time (which makes it further difficult to beat).

Good luck. Looking forward to see how the game takes shape.

Thanks for the encouragement! I'll iterate as time progresses.