[SOLVED] Any Idea Why One .babylon Scene Loads and the Same .babylon Scene Doesn't

dbawel

Hello,

I have a test scene which loads fine but is a complete mess. So I cleaned it up today, and the .babylon file won't load no matter where I place it. The messy scene that loads fine is:

http://www.qedsoft.com/DEMOS2017/build_01/index8.html

However, I cleaned the scene up to show, and the .babylon file cannot be loaded no matter where I place it - here is the scene:

http://qedsoft.com/DEMOS2017/blimp_test/index_01.html

I also get the following console message:

babylon.max.js:sourcemap:6714 BJS - [17:02:27]: Unable to load from baloon.babylon: importScene of baloon.babylon from Blender version: 2.78 (sub 0), exporter version: 4.6.1
    Lights:
        Name: Lamp, type: Point
Tools._ErrorEnabled @ babylon.max.js:sourcemap:6714

The .babylon file and code are exactly the same. This has been a hell of a week, so I just don't know if it's me right now - but I can't see what the heck is different. It claims it cannot load the point light in the exact same .babylon file.

DB

@RaananW-

i can't see what i'm missing... If you can show me, I'll fix it. I'm at this job to set up other things. But I still shouldn't have so much difficulty as I've been building scenes since 2014. I just don't get it. Alzheimers?

Thanks,

DB

var createScene = function(){

var canvas = document.getElementById('renderCanvas');
    var engine = new BABYLON.Engine(canvas, true);
    var scene = new BABYLON.Scene(engine); 

BABYLON.SceneLoader.Load("", "baloon.babylon", engine, function (newScene) {

newScene.executeWhenReady(function () {
            for(var i = 0; i < newScene.meshes.length; i++){
                let mesh = newScene.meshes;
                mesh.isVisible = true;

switch(mesh.name){
                    case "Blimp_body":
                    case "engine":
                        mesh.scaling = new BABYLON.Vector3(1,1,1);
                        mesh.rotation = new BABYLON.Vector3.Zero();
                    break;

case "prop":
                        mesh.scaling = new BABYLON.Vector3(1,1,1);
                        mesh.rotation = new BABYLON.Vector3.Zero();
                        mesh.setPivotMatrix(BABYLON.Matrix.Translation(0, 0, 10));
                    var mesh_prop = mesh
                    break;

default:
                    break;
                }
            }

newScene.clearColor = new BABYLON.Color3(1, 1, 1);

//camera.attachControl(canvas, true);

newScene.activeCamera.attachControl(canvas);
            newScene.activeCamera.minZ = 0.001;
            newScene.activeCamera.maxZ = 10000;
            newScene.activeCamera.position = new BABYLON.Vector3(90,0,0);

var light = new BABYLON.HemisphericLight('light1', new BABYLON.Vector3(0,1,0), newScene);

var skyboxMaterial = new BABYLON.StandardMaterial("skyBox", newScene);
                skyboxMaterial.backFaceCulling = false;
                skyboxMaterial.reflectionTexture = new BABYLON.CubeTexture("./assets/skybox/TropicalSunnyDay", newScene);
                skyboxMaterial.reflectionTexture.coordinatesMode = BABYLON.Texture.SKYBOX_MODE;
                skyboxMaterial.diffuseColor = new BABYLON.Color3(0, 0, 0);
                skyboxMaterial.specularColor = new BABYLON.Color3(0, 0, 0);

var skybox = BABYLON.MeshBuilder.CreateBox("skyBox", {size:1000.0}, newScene);
                skybox.material = skyboxMaterial;

scene = newScene;

engine.runRenderLoop(function() {
                scene.render();
            });

});
    });

/****
        scene.registerBeforeRender(function () {
        if (mesh_prop) {
            mesh_prop.rotate(BABYLON.Axis.Y, Math.PI / 64, BABYLON.Space.LOCAL);
            }
        });
****/

window.addEventListener('resize', function(){
    engine.resize();
});

return scene;
};

createScene();

Hey @Dad72, @Deltakosh, @RaananW, @davrous, and everyone else who has answered a post from me the past couple of weeks. I suppose I was still in shock after my house burned; but that's no excuse I can really quantify. I looked back at my questions the past couple of weeks, and realized that they were all stupid procedural errors - in which I've been using all procedures for years now - as looking at these, it's so obvious what the problem is - just nonsensical garble.

So I'm not certain what happened, but I just sat down yesterday and created several scenes in about an hour which I was having issues with - all except the pivot rotate function - as I've never used this before. Suddenly, I can write scenes from scratch once again, and they work first time. So I wanted to apologize for wasting everyone's time as there was never a real problem; the problem was that I simply couldn't write a damn thing correctly.

Already this morning, I'm close to delivering most of what I am scheduled to deliver for the day. So perhaps it was shock, stress, whatever - but everything appears fine now. I just need to get my Wife back from looking after her Mother in Thailand next week, and my life should have some order once again. But as far as babylon.js, I don't appear to have any issues now, and am transitioning into ES6 much more.

I just wanted you to know, as I couldn't look at a script and make any sense of it whatsoever. Totally weird.

Thanks,

DB

@Pryme8, @Deltakosh, and all -

We all might get a pass from time to time, but that was just some real dumb stuff. But I appreciate the understanding that we all go a little nuts sometimes. Honestly, I just starred at the screen, and had absolutely no idea what I was looking at. And I would still try and fix it without any clue as to what I was writing. It's something I never want to experience again; as I could feel myself losing my mind...:wacko: No joke.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll try an put in some extra time on the forum to make up for it.

DB