Jump to content

Is it okay to send email to publishers simultaneously for exclusive game license offer?


Recommended Posts


This might be business related though, as I am a newbie :). I'd like to sell my game to some publishers and thinking I'd just send it simultaneously to cut time, cause who knows when they would reply. Do you think this is okay? I mean because this is an exclusive offer, if both of them reply with interest at the same time, I have to definitely decline the other one, with reason that doesn't seem to be okay by saying that there's a better offer (unless the price offer is no good whatsoever). I feel like this isn't a good conduct, but I'm not sure so I'm asking here to be sure. :lol:

I'd love to know your experience on how to deal with this situation.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, it's okay to do that. Just get the best offer and decline the others. That's how this business works. They won't get mad or anything because they also have hundreds of games to pick from. And also be honest and tell them you got a better offer from another publisher but don't mention the name. This way the industry will increase the prices for exclusive license since right now is pretty low, around 1500-3000 euros.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think saying no to publishers is fine. Publishers say yes only if they see an opportunity otherwise they simply say no so its good for both ends. Unless you are afraid of ruining your relationship with certain publisher which should not happen in my opinion. Business is business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah since this is an exclusive offer, I enjoy a bit of loyalty (on my end) to a publisher that I can trust with. So if there's a publisher that'd say yes to my game, I'd like to stick with that publisher, then try to contact other publishers only after that publisher gave a rejection of my offer. Let's just say "good" publisher have my priority.

Why I asked this is because my last publisher stopped accepting new games, and that publisher gave me a quick response (regardless of the outcome) so I had no issue. Now that I submitted the game to a new publisher, I got this feeling that I may bump into a publisher that is extremely busy (or aren't nice enough) to give a proper reply, which I feel obligated (not required, hence this thread) to wait so I can send to the next publishers in my list.

This ain't good on my end, but I guess since I'm looking for a new publisher, simultaneously find the right one wouldn't hurt. It's almost like dating :lol:.

But since you guys say business is business that I agree, so now I'm more convinced this is okay to do. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...