Dithered tileset. How to interlace them?

GAZ082

Hi there. I made a slightly dithered tileset. In the days i did not use any framework i just align them with an offset of 1 pixel left and top to assemble them but now dont know how to do the same with the tilemap feature.

Have this:

image.png.9f8669ca7771acb73e6cfaddd9412f2c.png

Want this:

image.png.2367a3fe18e7c1628e4438880f7f9136.png

Any tips? Thanks!

I don't think there is a setting for that either, but you can try to hack it by making the left tiles 1px bigger on the right side, and the furthest right tile 1px smaller.
That should in theory just create an overlap to get your desired effect.

16 hours ago, samme said:

I haven't seen any setting for that.

You might be able modify the tile widths and heights manually somehow.

2 hours ago, Umz said:

I don't think there is a setting for that either, but you can try to hack it by making the left tiles 1px bigger on the right side, and the furthest right tile 1px smaller.
That should in theory just create an overlap to get your desired effect.

Both suggestions mean modifying the tilesheet? I cannot have tiles of different sizes, the tilemap engine requires nxn tiles in all the tilesheet. At least that's what i understand (been using phaser3 for a day).

Another thing i'm thinking is just to make a custom RenderTexture or Bitmap as i used to do. Is there a way to convert a bitmap to tilemap so i can use its methods?

Thanks!

Yes, they involve modifying the tilesheet.

I think your second option is better, you can implement it used Bitmapdata:
https://phaser.io/examples/v2/category/bitmapdata

Haven't used Phaser 3 much yet, so not sure if the functionality is the same, but look around and give it a try. You can draw to Bitmapdata and create sprites from what you draw.