Vue + Phaser 3 Webpack boilerplate

SunOfABeach

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, kormilo said:

I don't understand why you add a component GameDownloader. Without it app don't work?

What's up kormilo.

The GameDownloader component's job is to download the Phaser game asynchronously as soon as the Vue components have finished downloading and have been rendered for the first time (as opposed to downloading everything all at once). Doing it this way is just personal preference. It gives the visitor of the site visual feedback as soon as possible, for the price of a two-step download process and delayed game launch. You can read about the async component pattern in the official Vue docs.

• 2 weeks later...

Major Update

I just released version 2 of the template, which is now based on Vue's new CLI 3. This means we get to use an excellent Webpack config that is maintained by the Vue CLI team, which I tweaked a little to make it play nice with Phaser. Additionally, we no longer have to modify any Webpack config directly if we want to make changes like adding a linter, router or vuex. Instead, we can add these things using Vue CLI 3's sleek plugin system. You can even use a GUI for that! Check out the docs.

• 1 year later...