Flickering issue on zooming out and rotating the camera

Mrso92

Hello to all of you!

I want to thank everyone for support on my previous issue, especially @JohnK. At that time I had(and still have because of trouble of applying his suggestion) one structural problem with performance that I am caring for a longer period of time. But that is out of the scope for the moment being because I had one little problem which troubles me a lot. 

Essentially from time to time when zooming out(on the maximum level) and panning the camera I have the horrendous flickering which is even more obvious than on demo due to fact that I also add transparent hole(I have not added it here for the sake of the code complexity).

Issue can be seen here:

https://playground.babylonjs.com/#LE1BSK#9

From my understanding the issue is happening because of some sort of weird collision between two textures ground and location one. But I really cannot afford to do any positioning change.

Is there any other, more elegant way to resolve this problem?

Probably I am missing something really trivial.

Thanks to all

Edited by Mrso92
Newer version

Presuming that lowering the ground a little stops the flickering have you tried smaller numbers than -0.2? How about -0.001?  I note that you cannot afford to do any positioning changes and would ask what issues arise when you do lower the ground. Lowering the ground is the only solution I can think of, other greater minds than mine might have a solution.

I knew that just by setting the value to -0.01 flickering was gone. But I was hoping that there was some some magic parameter because I also have some other elements on screen like axis and even though I am increasing position parameter to let's say 0.15 it continues to flicker. I can set the bar higher but than it is a bit ugly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have resolved the issue with multi scenes. But now I have the problems that one scene  meshes are having precedence over another. 

Is there any property that resolves this something like z-index in css?

P.S I have tried with RenderingGroupId

1 hour ago, Mrso92 said:

I have resolved the issue with multi scenes. But now I have the problems that one scene  meshes are having precedence over another. 

Is there any property that resolves this something like z-index in css?

No meshes from top scene will always be on top of those in lower scene.