Germiz - an HTML5 puzzle game

Ezelia

Germiz is inspired by Go and Hex games, with some additions to make it unique :)

You incarnate a micro-organism (a germ) and have to survive by duplicating and infecting other cells.

antibodies are your ennemies and they'll try to eliminate you .

affiche-virus.jpg

One notable variant (from level 10 and above) is the fact that cells have life points, each germ will lose one life point per turn if it doesnt move or don't get infected.

19859.jpg

there are also some mutations you can aqcuire while playing that will give you new capabilities or give you more life points.

this beta version is stable and fully playable, it feature 15 levels and we will soon add 30 more levels.

first 10 levels are very easy to familiarise players with the gameplay and variants, the real challenge start at level 11.

level 15 is a boss level, and that will be the case for level 30, level 45 ...etc

new levels are in preparation and will be available soon with new mutations and cell types...

comments and suggestions are welcome :)

You can play germiz here : http://germiz.ezelia.com/

I tested, and it was really fun. The concept is original and works pretty well.

But I had to stop at the "Territories war" level (14), none of the teams was better and the game was stagnating for too long. That's where the life point system showed his limits, I think.

Edited by yhoyhoj

yeah some players reported that the game was too hard, others reported it was too easy :D

I think I'll add a difficulty select in the final version.

@yhoyhoj level 14 seems too difficult if you don't find the good strategy to go, but one you find it, its doable in 2-3minutes.

in this beta I'm still calibrating the difficulty level

That's the same level i got to. I was so close to winning (after like 15 minutes) accidentally hit my back button and that was that. haha. Prior to that the levels were very easy/doable--u had to think but were not that hard. Maybe give some points on the strategy to use on that one? Just an idea, you can ignore it :) it's your game.

Great game. :) I thought it was fun and reminded me of the boardgame Othello (aka Reversi).

Some of the concepts are introduced before you understand what they are. For example, hit points only appear mid-way through so I wondered what the double-helix icon that kept appearing meant. But then, one play through and now I know. 

thank you for your tests and feedbacks :)

For level 14, the strategy is

1* - to attack the left cells first and push them out of their territory, they have less life points than green one and are easier to manipulate.

2 - once they are out, push them to the conflict with the green one and try to block them together in the green territory.

3 - if one kill the other, you have to kill the remaining AI

4 - if they don't kill each other just block the green territory entry till they have no possible move, you win if no AI can find a free spot to move to

*some times the AI do "mistakes" so you can kill the first cells in their territory without having to push them out.

if you still can't beat level 14 with the above instruction I'll try to make a video of that level when I'm home tonight :)

you have to go to level 15, it's a boss level and you'll enjoy it for sure ! :D

• 1 month later...