Enabling SSL via localhost

Keisha

I am a beginner having a very basic knowledge in development. Can anyone educate me how to create a ssl on a localhost server in a windows 10 pc? I need to test my FB instant game locally.

I am getting this error when i trying to intall. 
F:\xampp\htdocs\mygame> openssl genrsa 2048 > key.pem
'openssl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I want to do this: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/instant-games/test-publish-share/#localhost

Thanks 

Yeah, it's a royal pain in the ass on Windows to get this set-up.

Do you have access to a Mac or the ability to ssh into a Unix based VPS? If so, you can generate the keys on there and then transfer them to your PC.

This is what I did anyway, it's SO much easier than messing around trying to install OpenSSL on Windows.

On 9/19/2018 at 7:27 PM, rich said:

Yeah, it's a royal pain in the ass on Windows to get this set-up.

Do you have access to a Mac or the ability to ssh into a Unix based VPS? If so, you can generate the keys on there and then transfer them to your PC.

This is what I did anyway, it's SO much easier than messing around trying to install OpenSSL on Windows.

Sorry for replying late. Okay, i will try it on a Mac.  Is there any tutorial reference on this ?

@Keisha yeah the FBIG site has details on how to generate the keys as part of their quick start guide, have a read of it, do it on a Mac, then just copy the keys to your PC.

@vamos The Facebook Instant Games iframe pulls in from localhost, but only via SSL. No SSL, nothing works, and you cannot test FBIG games 'locally' any other way.

• 2 weeks later...