Transition a character to a rigged pose?

timetocode

I have several animations which are a single key frame. I guess we could say they're just a pose. Is there a way to transition to that pose smoothly? I'm imagining something like whatever the current animation code does to go from one frame to another, except it would go from bones in *any state* to moving those bones towards anything saved in a certain keyframe. Unless that stuff is baked, which I guess would be an issue. In any case, something like graduallyToPose(skeleton, someFrame, deltaToApply) is what I have in mind. Does something like that exist? Or are there some recommended building blocks from which I could make it?

I see an easy way to make (fake?) an equivalent behavior with animation blending. If I turn all my poses into 2 keyframes then I can make each of them an ever-looping 2 frame animation. Then I can blend between them endlessly, smoothly moving my character from any pose to any pose, and even being able to interrupt any transition and go to yet another pose. I just wasn't sure how performance heavy that would be given that I don't actually have real animations, and I would be putting a dozen of these on 50+ meshes each.

Edit:

The animation blending demo https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#IQN716#9 actually does have an 'idle' state which is 89 frames of no change and is essentially what I'm trying to get at with poses.