Extending the default babylon file parser

tomph

Does anyone know how to extend the default babylon.js file parser?  I'm successfuly loading a scene with the JSON data I have (Babylon File Format), but my JSON contains some custom metadata, which I'd like to handle when i load/parse.  I'm aware of Scene.AddParser, but I feel like that is too far down the chain (my custom properties have been stripped out by the time it hits my parser function).

Another thing I've noticed is you can do the following:

BABYLON.SceneLoader.OnPluginActivatedObservable.add(function (loader:ISceneLoaderPlugin) {

});

Is there anything I can hijack at that point? I can see loader has an extensions property.....

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hiya tomph.  I don't know if useful/not, but the BJS SCENE class... has a .metadata property.  I'm pretty sure... it wants a string.

I heard that .metadata exports into BJS... just fine.  When OnSceneReady... json-parse the giant serialized-json string found in scene.metadata. 

A database... in a storage pocket of a .babylon file!  YAY! 

Also, all "nodes" have their own .metadata property, too... lights, cameras, mesh-erschmitts.  ;)

A guy COULD... put a very large chunk of serialized json poop, inside a .metadata property.  Would THAT work for you?  Maybe.

Here's a playground search for scene.metadata.

Can we mark as "solved"?  Close-up this issue and head for the tavern?  PARTY!!!

(Wingnut digs-into tomph's metadata to see if there's some Blackberry Brandy included.  Yum!  Maybe some serialized cereal.)  :)

(No brandy or cereal, but there's an aerosol can of BJS Scene Lube, in there.  Greasome!)