pixi pointerevent currentTarget = null ?

Kristiyan

Hello everyone!
I have pointerover event and i want to get the element i point on (hover on).But when i use event.currentTarget , it is null,also  tried with event.target which is also null. Any suggestions ?

sprite.on('pointerover',function(event){console.log(event.target,event.currentTarget)}); // target and currentTarget are null

• 5 months later...
On 1/11/2019 at 2:31 PM, Kristiyan said:

Hello everyone!
I have pointerover event and i want to get the element i point on (hover on).But when i use event.currentTarget , it is null,also  tried with event.target which is also null. Any suggestions ?

sprite.on('pointerover',function(event){console.log(event.target,event.currentTarget)}); // target and currentTarget are null

google chrome console says that target and currentTarget are null, but actually they are not . Maybe a chrome bug.

5 minutes ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

Congrats with first post! PixiJS is very active community, and you found the stuff we are already investigating. You can give your input on the problem in that PR. Also, here's the build from that PR you can use to test: http://pixijs.download/bugfix/touchmove-target/pixi.js

@ivan.popelyshev actually the event fires correctly , the target is correct, i saw it with debugging with chrome, but when i console log the event.target , it says null, and im watching it from chrome debuger that it is not null :D .It was really strange.

this bug was in January, i have no saved screenshots or logs. But nvm, i succeed with the game, and now i saw my question unanswered and i decided to give it a reply, because someone else can experience the same problem.I want to help him to not loose time :) .

1 minute ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

maybe you used console.log(event), in that case there's some kind of async logic there

yes, console.log(event) .And after log it, the object properties target and currentTarget were with value null,but as i said, from debugger i saw that everything is ok.

haha, debugger also fooled me !
it because `console.log(event.target,event. currentTarget )` create references.
And when you open (clickOn) the reference in the debugger , it compute again but no longer exist because it already cleared with the method `.reset(); `

i remember i also ask this here.

https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/issues/5056