Dot Dungeons: A Procedural Pen-and-Paper Puzzler

csklimowski

screenshot.thumb.PNG.ae8f5afd3ca1923dd6a481d5ce01e761.PNG

Draw a route through each floor to capture the numbers within! Play through 30 hand-designed levels, or test your skills in an endless procedurally-generated dungeon! It's the weird, niche puzzle game you've always wanted.

Play it here!

This game started as a doodle in a notebook 2 years ago, and has finally come to life. This is the first game for which I've made the design, code, art, and music all by myself, and I'm elated with how well it turned out! I'm especially proud of the procedurally-generated levels, which are interesting and challenging even for me!

Greetings! Play tested using Chrome on MacOS Mojave.

This is a rare find; a very Original feeling game for HTML5 canvas. I only had a few minutes to try it out, and played through the first 2 worlds. But I must say, I think you are definitely on to something here, and I could easily see this becoming a hit on the mobile app or Facebook instant game scene.

While not overly flashy (which is actually good for an intelligent puzzle game like this) it already has an addictively playful style to it. I would promote the hell out of this and get it on to a paying platform.

Considering how many games I see that are just rehashes of old ideas, I applaud your originality. Good Work, indeed.

10 minutes ago, ShrewdPixel said:

This is a rare find; a very Original feeling game for HTML5 canvas. I only had a few minutes to try it out, and played through the first 2 worlds. But I must say, I think you are definitely on to something here, and I could easily see this becoming a hit on the mobile app or Facebook instant game scene.

Thank you so much! I'm very proud of the design, but I wasn't sure how much wide appeal it would have. I have no plans to monetize it for now (at least, not this incarnation of it), but it's great to know that there's interest in games like this!

These are the kind of comments that make me feel like I could make a career in the gamedev industry someday. ?