Puzzle game for LinkedIn

CodeGuppy

Are you familiar with LinkedIn? Besides posting their resume, people are also using LinkedIn to sharing and post articles on a wide range of topics.

Many times they just post quotes or lists of various interests.

I thought to add a little bit of interactive to these posts, therefore made a puzzle like game that users have to solve in order to reveal the information (in this case a list of books):

linkedin_game.png.83c4dc33b376e011f0d33a158805fc37.png

https://codeguppy.com/run.html?ad/books_managers

What do you think about using gaming concepts in the business / advertisement world in this way? Thanks?

P.S. Feel free to customize the above code and post-it on your site as you like (source code included. Check link at the bottom of page).

I understand the purpose of the post is to promote a use case for Codeguppy - which looks like a very interesting tool, well done.

48 minutes ago, vma said:

What do you think about using gaming concepts in the business / advertisement world in this way? Thanks?

I think serious games have significant merit - but only if done well.  Half the battle for gamification is influencing the initial engagement with a sense of trust and willingness from the Player.  After that the fun can start with conventional game mechanics coming into play.  Therefore I doubt this example would be effective for its goal (professional influence) because it doesn't resolve an immediate problem faced by the typical Linkedin visitor?  Simply putting a game between a User and a claimed Reward does not automatically generate value for either party (it could be perceived as a loss of time or other value).

Instead serious games should avoid cookie-cutter approaches.  We can try gamifying a unique information-exchange, increasing the value of that network as a result of the interplays - e.g. a quiz about the business issues faced by a User, and revealing what books were recommended by other players who faced such issues in the past.  Present these outcomes as a unique reading list per User which can be easily shared via Linkedin posts for others to see (and understand why it was relevant to their associate).  Replace "quiz" with more compelling game mechanics once the core value exchange is proven, and replace "reading list" with something more instant when the internal quality of data reaches a tipping point.