Flash to html5,playstore, Ios store - Suggest Plz

inyourpc

Hi, 
As everyone knows flash is going obsolete, what would be the best course of action to convert 2000+ flash games 2D games mostly from Flash to Mobile web, Google Play Store, and Ios store all at once. 

I have tried conversion using "toolkit for createjs v1_2", and it runs all frames for games at once. 

Adobe animate, Need your thoughts on this. Is it mature enough to convert with ease. 

Remake from scratch Using either html5/createjs suite, (similar to flash, with toolkit for createjs you get preloading of images done already and coordinates of different bitmaps are already set, just need game logic to be translated from action script to flash and finally converting it to playstore and ios store using some wrapper

Remaking using unity, and WebGl capabilities. And port with in all three platforms with ease. 

Thanks, 
M Yawer

Technology aside, you may find that the user interface design of your 2,000+ Flash games aren't best suited to today's audience and devices?  Specifically games from 10+ years ago were likely designed for desktop, mouse controls, small text, small buttons, cursor controls?  Today the basic requirements are touch controls, big buttons, one touch play, and other modern streamlined approaches that might not be compatible with desktop game-design choices?

So even if you used an auto-magical porting system to technically achieve what you ask (of which there are many), the result might not be worth using?  For that reason I'd encourage you to consider cherry picking the best titles from the list and re-imagining them using modern tech (and modern cross platform user interface design).  What percentage of your 2,000 flash games account for 80% of the game plays?

@b10b that makes sense. I was interested in learning more about auto magical converting stuff, like openfl, haxe a3x or something similar. Also had heard swiffy was something people were taking benefit from but now its support is gone too. 
Unity hyper-casual games, have been quiet on the uprise, as game distribution have a couple of unity games showing in hot games made from unity. Only thing is its WebGL support on mobile devices, and its production size.
Let me know what you think?

https://webglstats.com/

Mid 2019 we're at 98%.

These stats are being compiled mostly from libraries or websites that feature or require WebGL.  There is a risk we're counting travellers at the airport.  Perhaps the more important question is whether the project in mind significantly benefits (or suffers) from any dependency?

Same applies for Unity.  Just because it makes most-sense to the herd doesn't mean it makes most-sense to a specific audience or use case (because unification is homologous which can require compromise).  Mobile-web is unique because footprint and initial load are critical while interoperability with other web systems can exploit new and emerging audiences in ways that other apps can't always manage.

Yes, I might be over-stating the issue to make my point ... which is ... I recommend studying data specific for a desired audience - make tests and evaluate assumptions.

I met a guy he was making JS engine from unity plugin, (remaking some sort) step by step. But as internet companies grow and mobile devices become more powerful, we could even do VR games with smartphones. It makes unity ahead of the line, as it has a strong powerful engine. 

I still don't understand.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:06 PM, inyourpc said:

But as internet companies grow and mobile devices become more powerful, we could even do VR games with smartphones

Correct, this is made possible by browsers and hardware manufacturers. Not Unity.

Unity is just one method of creating content for that platform and it is far from the most popular way of creating content. Maybe it'll 'take over' in the future, I doubt it, but maybe it will, but you can't say that right now.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:06 PM, inyourpc said:

as it has a strong powerful engine

Unity is incredibly inefficient and clunky on the web, still.

It provides tooling that, for some people, lets them create content faster.

Think of it this way, a Fiat 500 is going to be built a lot faster than a Ferrari is, and, it'll get you to the shops and to work and back without any issue at all, but, most of us would 'prefer' to go on a fun drive in the Ferrari.

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/1/2019 at 12:23 PM, mattstyles said:

Think of it this way, a Fiat 500 is going to be built a lot faster than a Ferrari is, and, it'll get you to the shops and to work and back without any issue at all, but, most of us would 'prefer' to go on a fun drive in the Ferrari.

Yup, that's right. At the point unity WebGL performance and it's export size is a major question, but yes it helps in making content-games faster. Also, the monetization option with unity WebGL games is a big question. Would like to know your take on that?