mouseover works but mouseout don't? can't retrieve event.target

RomainMazB

14 minutes ago, RomainMazB said:

@ivan.popelyshev Thanks for the example, it's really great and made me choose PixiJS than an other game engine. I have to create this little game for now but I'm not a full-time game maker. I'll do the issue report tomorrow with my fiddle for example.

Thank you!

Now imagine that it was a pixi-3 giant fork back then (https://github.com/gameofbombs/pixi.js), i rewrote everything inside, and after a few years i managed to make that thing into a small plugin instead, both pixi-layers and pixi-projection were born from it. Stitching together 2d and 3d features into 2.5d that people can understand was hard. 3d API can easily make everything much more difficult than it should be, there are tons of parameters.

Its not just "oh look i can do this example in webgl in 2000 lines", its how to put it into boxes for people to use and not make them too big. Especially if they are not full-time game makers, we cant ask people do dedicate all the time to learning 3d stuff. We have to explain it in general and give access to details if something goes wrong.

Speaking about 2d-3d partition - AwayJS have very good API for that.

The better quality code we have in pixi core - the more interesting plugins will appear.

pixi-projection testing was done by @jonforum and he found many interesting cases i didnt even think about!

9 minutes ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

Thank you!

pixi-projection testing was done by @jonforum and he found many interesting cases i didnt even think about!

your plugin projection is russian black magic stuff lol.
I think it just lack some more doc and example scenario of use, because after you make somes tests, you able to understand how to use it, but not how it work under the hood.