Layered Lighting System Using Masks Issue

Nyrion

Maybe i'm not understanding you clearly but your saying for each Sprite on the stage have a duplicate Sprite (dark version) added into the "ambient" container?

The thing is that every light on the stage can change position/scale/texture/layer and also intersect with other lights on the stage.

There is also the tilemap (pixi-tilemap) to consider (tiles are generally on layer 0,1,2,3 only) which would be counterproductive to create sprites from.

Each light should be visible through the ambient lighting (of course).

Is there perhaps a different way to go about ambient lighting?

Edited by Nyrion

• 1 month later...

Hey ivan (thanks for your help) I thought i'd throw an update to this. I've sorted out a majority of the issues just some polish left.

I've linked to a video to see the result of what i've been working on. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

If anyone else has run into this issue, reply to this topic and i'll setup code examples.

https://nyrion.ca/Cyndar.mp4

Hey ivan, got your invite & will join in soon. Thank you!

Thanks jonforum & tywang2006! I've been working on this for a while. The video shows a very small portion of the capabilities. I'll post more soon! I'm always open to suggestions as well.