Will anyone be interested in starting a discord channel dedicated for games with Panda2?

greencoder

Heya everyone,

I am silently working on a project with Panda2 but at times I feel like I better ask an experienced developer on the platform but then since the turn around time can be a bit long, I tend to dig deeper and find my own solutions. Finding my own solutions has a con, takes more time than needed. So I thought to ask whether anyone would be interested in joining a discord channel for Panda2 dev. Please let me know your thoughts. 

Edited by greencoder

Yeah, Panda hasn't been updated almost 1 years

guess enpu will never update it....at least, 
Notify in official website 'News' and 'BUY NOW' page that the editor is closed off and stop support as a temporary.

I decided to use Construct 3....

Phaser 3 is not my choose because I worry phaser 3 code is not work on phaser 4....phaser 5 at the future

Edited by BillyKane

Phaser 3 and Construct 3 are both great. But you may also "try" something different :) I made one called "voltar", which used to be called LesserPanda (yeah you may guess it started as a fork of Panda, but has changed over time). https://github.com/pixelpicosean/voltar

Voltar is a framework the same as Phaser/Panda but also come with a visual editor (and the editor is called Godot which you may heard of). Major feature of voltar is that it has abilities to import scene/timeline animation/tilemap from Godot engine, and has very similar API to GDScript. So you can clone the engine folder, import Godot project and start editting. When your scene is ready to use, run the import script to convert data into JSON which will then be available from code. And if you like Godot but want to use JavaScript and wish for a very small mobile friendly support, yes this is exactly what I've been making it to.

You are not limited to use the editor since the editor only produces JSON and engine load those data "automagically".

For now almost all the 2D nodes are supported from Godot, and I've used it for all my contract works since 2018. BTW. UI system is exactly the same as Godot but I did not add theme support yet which I think is not useful for production, so kept it simpler. Physics system is also the same but without RigidBody2D which you may want to have, maybe I will get it done in the future.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

On 2/21/2020 at 3:54 AM, BillyKane said:

Phaser 3 is not my choose because I worry phaser 3 code is not work on phaser 4....phaser 5 at the future

Rich (the Phaser creator) told many times Phaser 4 will be compatible with Phaser 3. His objective is to make Phaser 4 development be made with Typescript instead of with plain JavaScript. 

Edited by plicatibu

1 hour ago, plicatibu said:

Rich (the Phaser creator) told many times Phaser 4 will be compatible with Phaser 3. His objective is to make Phaser 4 development be made with Typescript instead of with plain JavaScript. 

How about physics engine,  Is Phaser 4 still using matter.js ??? 

To be honest, this concerns me more now, I have a UI based game and every engine handles UI differently, moving my project is going to be like moving a mountain :( ... I guess the best part of Panda 2 was the runtime build on the side without manually setting up a local server (consider I am a noob at it). Does any other engine have a toolchain like Panda 2? Scripting and one click to play the build kind of setup? 

Edited by greencoder