Questions about HTML5 game development

MrPancakes

Hello everyone and first thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I have a few questions related to HTML5 gamedev I wish that you could help me with so I and whoever reads this post can get a broader understanding of the current state of the ecosystem for html5 game development.

1. What do you think is one of the hardest parts with game development for the web platform? Name one or up to three things.

2. What do you find most enjoyable with the web platform when it comes to game development? Name one or up to three things.

3. If you can make a shoutout to up to three people that you think helps evolve the game dev experience for you, who would that be? use Twitter/forumnames/facebookprofiles etc.

Thank you all for your answers and your time.

/Mr Pancakes

Edited by MrPancakes

• MrPancakes changed the title to Questions about HTML5 game development

1. Well, getting started basically. This implies you have to find what tools best suit you (if you're just a hobbyist you're not necessarily looking for what is considered "the best", but what is intuitive to you), finding the places to publish your stuff (if you're expecting to earn some revenue you're also going need a little extra knowledge) and getting motivated.

2. Knowing your stuff is out there, on the web, available for anyone to try without installation. Sharing the link is enough.

3. Those people would be @MrPancakesfor giving me an opportunity to get involved in this community, @SharedDreamsfor sharing their experience with many portals and publishers, and, well, @everyone, players for being committed to web games, developers for making new content constantly, keeping the players committed, and the publishers for offering a place for games and players to be together. I chose to out those two because they are people I met here, but I could make a huge list of people that are helping my game dev experience, and, I'm assuming, everyone's game dev experience as well.

Peace
--Sky

Edited by ChrisSkyRo
rephrasing

Here are my answers

1.  I have run  plenty of websites before, even one Flash arcadesites, and I also know ecommerce as the back of my hand. But web gaming is a new frontier for me   ?

2. The web is free. With 15 years of dev time doing websites and applications it is a platform I love and hate at the same time.

3. If I think there is one person i think evolves the gaming world it's @TimSweeneyEpic ?