Lights / LUT's / Sprites

Torsin

Hello once again, I have another issue that I'm trying to resolve relating to lights. I'm using LUT's for the day and night cycle which work perfectly. I'm trying to add lights on a different layer/group and mix with a shader. This seems to work fine as well, when I cycle to the day time the light dims and disappears but the sprite light in the left window of the house that just doesn't seem to be bright enough at night. I suspect it's the way I mix the colors with the shader but I may be completely off. Ideas?

I made a demo for your troubleshooting convenience.

https://www.pixiplayground.com/#/edit/z0K8eqYopE_Nwq9c21vvX

I actually had no issue with the demo and simply reused your existing light, and made sure it was a decent size in order to represent through. I think You can do something here to help tho. Add another light with a bloom filter in the same location as your lights. This can create a "glowing" effect.

I recommend you always use WHITE lights to punch through the LUT, and then use another light PNG for adding color

I'm not too precise here but using a few different layers to achieve the lighting image.png.990be6bc4a4b0a1f65165ca55cc016e1.png

Updated pen: https://www.pixiplayground.com/#/edit/tvaxCJBzSAe-tTsHetMvG

Edited by Jammy

12 hours ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

It has partial transparency. If you apply LUT to layer that has partial transparency, yuo'll get wrong result because you dont unpremultiply alpha. 

http://www.adriancourreges.com/blog/2017/05/09/beware-of-transparent-pixels/

Ah yes! I had a sneaky suspicion it was related to that! I had started down that path a few days ago and just decided to ask here before going to far. Thanks for the information.

10 hours ago, Jammy said:

I actually had no issue with the demo and simply reused your existing light, and made sure it was a decent size in order to represent through. I think You can do something here to help tho. Add another light with a bloom filter in the same location as your lights. This can create a "glowing" effect.

I recommend you always use WHITE lights to punch through the LUT, and then use another light PNG for adding color

Thanks Jammy, I will play some more with the layers and use a white light to punch through the LUT as you mentioned and add color via another. Glad to have some new paths to follow, was getting stuck and was running out of ideas. :)