[phaser][wip] Hail

SpriteWrench

So in the spirit of "completing" one game a week.  Here is my next project with phaser: spritewrench.github.io/hail .  Polish is definitely needed on this one.  Any feedback would be appreciated!  

The plan is to work on 1 project a week (while touching up previous ones) for 3 weeks and use the 4th week of a given month to finish up, polish and port to mobile devices(android and/or iOS).  The source code for these projects will be put up on my github: www.github.com/spritewrench for review by the masses.

post-5776-0-42131200-1395084718.png

post-5776-0-16067600-1395084719.png

Awesome, these weekly game ideas really push creativity in interesting and fun ways. 

I think the game concept is very solid, it's the sort of gameplay that works. But I think you could add an element that will really hook the player, some ideas:

• the good old power-up (since you're playing with geometrical shapes, perhaps a supersonic-warp-time-startreck-inspired powerup?) Because the player seems to be advancing in ft really fast but it doesn't seem like it durong gameplay
  • I liked the idea of a sort of trail the player leaves behind when moving (the two other faded shapes)
  • maybe another power-up could be the ability to destroy rectangles that could hold either prizes or the opposite, similar to rpg coin chests?

My 2¢ :)