[2.0.1] XML Error (Bitmap Font) (CocoonJS)

iShellz

@iShellz: CocoonJS doesn't have any XML support when run in Accelerated mode.

If you absolutely need XML support, you can add it back in via this library I've written. If it is loaded before Phaser is, it will act in place of XML support for CocoonJS. (I've confirmed it works with BitmapFonts in Phaser, but is still a work-in-progress for other XML needs.)

If you absolutely need XML support, you can add it back in via this library I've written. If it is loaded before Phaser is, it will act in place of XML support for CocoonJS. (I've confirmed it works with BitmapFonts in Phaser, but is still a work-in-progress for other XML needs.)

Man, you deserve a statue.

This was mainly a test because in the 2.0 release notes it said 

• BitmapText now uses the new XML parser which should work under CocoonJS without clashes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Videlais,

I tried to use your library, but I have no success. I got the error below when I load a bitmapFont in Phaser 2.0.2:

this.game.load.bitmapFont('desyrel', 'assets/fonts/bitmapFonts/desyrel.png', 'assets/fonts/bitmapFonts/desyrel.xml');

1. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getAttribute' of undefined phaser.js:41934
    1. Phaser.LoaderParser.bitmapFontphaser.js:41934
    2. Phaser.Cache.addBitmapFontphaser.js:39563
    3. Phaser.Loader.xmlLoadCompletephaser.js:41786
    4. _xhr.onload

@rodrigogrow:

Sorry about that. I haven't updated the code recently to fix problems like that.

Unfortunately, I'm now waiting to see what CocoonJS 2.0 offers and if my library is even needed.

Until I get a chance to update it with 2.0 information, this thread is the most accurate as of this writing. (It suggests, as I do until my library is fixed, that you use either RetroFonts or the alternative JSON loader another post details.)

@rodrigogrow:

Sorry about that. I haven't updated the code recently to fix problems like that.

Unfortunately, I'm now waiting to see what CocoonJS 2.0 offers and if my library is even needed.

Until I get a chance to update it with 2.0 information, this thread is the most accurate as of this writing. (It suggests, as I do until my library is fixed, that you use either RetroFonts or the alternative JSON loader another post details.)

Thanks @Videlais for your feedback!

Seems that CocoonJS 2.0 Beta was lauched today (http://blog.ludei.com/html5-apps-phonegap/).

• 4 months later...