Help With Tilemaps And Tilesets

StuffBySpencer

I need help with creating tilemaps.

I use tiled to create the maps, however it seems that tiled is counting my tileset image starting at 1, while phaser counts tilesets starting from 0.

Because of this, whenever I make a tilemap, the blocks are out of order, and the map looks all screwey.

Please help, I have attached an image to better explain this:

KFo1ME2.png

Hey, just popping into this thread because, apparently, I have a huge gravity too: 1800. I have exactly IAmSpencer's problem. Lower values make the player movement feel floaty and, yes, sometimes I get wacky "fall through the tile" or "jump really high" problems.

This gives me a nice short snappy jump. Jump velocity is -500:

game.physics.arcade.gravity.y = 300;    player = game.add.sprite(32, 320, 'dude');    game.physics.enable(player, Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);    player.body.collideWorldBounds = true;    player.body.gravity.y = 1000;    player.body.maxVelocity.y = 500;    player.body.setSize(20, 32, 5, 16);

The first problem is what happens when you don't add the correct parameters into the map.addTilesetImage().

The first should be the name of the tileset you named in your script, the second should be the name of the tileset that your map editor named it. To find this out, open your json map file, and look at the tileset-name.

Hi spancer

i have this:

"tilesets":[
        {
         "firstgid":1,
         "image":"tmw_desert_spacing.png",
         "imageheight":1000,
         "imagewidth":1000,
         "margin":0,
         "name":"terrain",
         "properties":
            {

},
         "spacing":0,
         "tileheight":32,
         "tilewidth":32
        }],

in the scripts:

tileset = map.addTilesetImage('tiles','terrain');

and the error:

Phaser.Cache.getImage: Invalid key: "terrain" phaser.min.js:13
  1. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'height' of undefined

@ema9: You probably need to flip the arguments:

map.addTilesetImage('terrain', 'tiles');

The first argument is the name of the tileset in Tiled. The second argument is the cache key of the tileset image in Phaser. (Thus, you need to preload the tileset image with the key 'tiles'.)