[complete] SPLAT!

Lkraan

Hello,

I am new here and while I have been reading in this forum I have not done any posting.

I have finished my first game I figured that this is a good time for a first post.

Anyways... my games is called SPLAT! and it's an " endless faller" 

You fall down the sky and have to avoid birds, rockets, bombs and balloons but you do have to pick up coins, health and a fire powerup that makes you invulnerable.

I've made it with GameMaker and have used the Mobility engine to solve some of the scaling and rotation issues.

You can play it on your desktop or mobile device here: http://leeyo.nl/splat/

And here some pics:

icon_153x153.png

screenshot1.png  screenshot3.png  screenshot6.png

On windows xp + chrome I got a splash screen and nothing else. I tried pressing stuff but nothing happened. Did you modify the Mobility Engine to scale on desktop or do you detect desktops and use a different method for it?

Quite simple and fun, I got 1400 coin on the first try.

I love the gradually increasing difficulty too. My only feedback is that the collission detection might need some more work (it's too huge right now, I hit rocket eventhough the image is not overlapping each other).

Good job!

I suggest to fix a cotrolls a bit. Have you consider using virtualkeys in gmc?

Problem is that if I press one button during pressing another that press is later ignored. For example I press left and I want to change direction. So I press right and after that release left. But right doesn't work and I need to press it again. Your code works ok if someone is playing only with 1 finger.

Thanks!

turnA, thanks for the comment about the collision. It was not set correct for the boy and that's fixed now.

sodomo, I know what you mean about the controls and I will see if virtualkeys fix that. I have implemented those in my next game which were easy to do.

Loopex, yes, the isometric car game is next and I it's almost finished enough to show it