Pubblicate a phaser app on Play Store / App Store etc. ?

skipper

There are a handful of different options.

CocoonJS -- which is not "extremely expensive" -- is one used by a good number of Phaser developers. However, as detailed here, it does come with some issues.

PhoneGap is another one, although it too has some problems at the moment. (See Cordova*)

Crosswalk is a project from Intel that reports to work well with Android and Tizen.

Apache Cordova is the open source engine behind both PhoneGap and CocoonJS's command-line tools. However, Phaser only has the minimum detection for it as of this writing and playing sounds requires some extra work. (See this thread for what to look out for when using it.)

cocoonjs is expensive? sorry i thought it was free...

Mea Culpa, I was not thinking about the right thing. I believe CocoonJS is indeed free right now, but they have plans to add pricing later on. Unfortunately they are not upfront about it and the links they posted about it are no longer working (see https://twitter.com/jsoverson/status/329459813312499714).

Again, my bad, CocoonJs is not expensive (for now).

I believe CocoonJS is indeed free right now, but they have plans to add pricing later on. Unfortunately they are not upfront about it and the links they posted about it are no longer working.

Again, my bad, CocoonJs is not expensive (for now).

That's a great point. I should have wrote something about that too. While CocoonJS is free as of this writing, they could change their mind at some future date. That's a potential risk to be aware of with going with them.

In fact, it's also, to a smaller degree anyway, a risk with going with PhoneGap too. Adobe (which now owns the brand) could decide to charge when using its remote compiling functionality at some future point as well.

It's part of the reason, without completely going off track here, why I've moved over to Apache Cordova and have started to work on patches for that in the last couple of weeks. Because it is part of the Apache foundation, it will always be free. It might be slower than CocoonJS sometimes, but the code will always be open for anyone to read or contribute updates. (Full warning: As of the writing, Cordova patches for Phaser have been slow. It's going to take some time before full compatibility.)