Babylon.GameFX Framework to create WebGL Games

Chris

Hey guys,

I just stumbled across that thing:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/davrous/archive/2013/07/23/introducing-babylon-gamefx-a-framework-to-build-html5-webgl-games-in-a-few-lines-of-code.aspx

According to their blog, that frameworks enables you to "build HTML5 WebGL games in a few lines of code".

The screenshots in their post look cool, the code seems reasonable.

Will take a closer look tomorrow, now its really late :)

cya then!

I like this a lot, I doubt about Playcanvas vs Babylon, I think playcanvas is more easier to manage instances and create a scene, otherwise Babylon.js has a lot of features including Babylon exporter for Blender.

We (PlayCanvas) have support for Blender. You can simply export your scene from Blender as an FBX or COLLADA file and upload to the asset panel. We do all the crunching and create the models, textures and materials.

@Dave Nice to meet you as playcanvas developer, I would like to ask you a question, does Playcanvas have a site about roadmap? I was thinking it needs some features such as particles, video texture, shader FX, etc. I'm still unaware about the features of pro account.

I tested my playcanvas app runs 60 fps in my Blackberry 10.2!

We're thinking about doing a feature roadmap, but at the moment priorities are changing really quickly depending on what individual users want, so it's difficult to predict in what order we're working on things. Maybe we should set up some kind of voting system to get an idea of what features are needed first? We have made things like particle systems, etc. And there is some (well hidden :ph34r:) sample code for that in the Dungeon Fury project.

Speaking of which, have you tried Dungeon Fury [http://dungeonfury.playcanvas.com] on your Blackberry? I don't think we've had a chance to test it on one of those devices yet.