rigging rigify blender export babylon

angeltrickz

hello I have a problem when exporting a character rigging plugin rigify ... 

when I export and encourage skeleton only works but not when I use rigging rigify be that even babylon plugin does not support it? or is configuration problem? if anyone can help thanks :)

hola tengo un problema al exportar un personaje con rigging rigify plugin...  

cuando lo exporto y lo animo solo con esqueleto me funciona pero no cuando utilizo rigging rigify   sera que aun babylon plugin no lo soporta ? o es problema de configuracion? si alguien puede ayudar gracias :)

post-10907-0-59938800-1412051773.png

rigging rigify!

angeltrickz, if you look at the rigify human metarig it has 63 bones - including 38 bones that make up the fingers and thumbs on the two hands.

I believe the Babylon.js framework only supports a maximum of  40 bones.

cheers, gryff :)

That's good to know. That's per rig, correct? Not 40 total for a scene? Are there any Babylon examples using character animations?

That's per rig, correct? Not 40 total for a scene?

AlexB, as far as I know - per rig

Are there any Babylon examples using character animations?

Well I created this: Blue Lady

It has 900+ frames of animation - in this case one dance routine. However, an animation that long could be used, perhaps,  for 9 different character actions each 100 frames. and you call the appropriate 100 frames for the animation you require.

The lady was built using MakeHuman and Blender, and using the "game rig" - 32 bones -from MakeHuman.

I have not seen anything that actually corroborates the often mentioned 40 bones limit.  Though everything has a limit, maybe just not a hard cut off.  There is a hard cut off on the number of bone influencers, 4, that a vertex may have. 

I am bringing this up, because the 40 bone thing got mentioned in a Zombie thread months ago.  I scarfed the .blend.  In early TOB development, I used it & found a huge # of instances where the # of influencers exceeded 4.

TOB writes a warning in the log file "WARNING Maximum # of influencers exceeded for a vertex extras ignored" every time it occurs.  Even if you use the original exporter, if you have problems on the Babylon side, a good idea is to run it through the Tower of Babel exporter, and check the log file.  There are 11 different warning types.

I have not seen anything that actually corroborates the often mentioned 40 bones limit.

You maybe right Jeff - and you probably have a better handle than most on the inner workings of BJS.

I read it somewhere too - not sure where now - but that is one of the reasons I use the MakeHuman "game rig".

But just tried your method and it works for me!

bellengerd, I don't know how far you have got in exploring MakeHuman and Blender, so I will add a couple of additional comments which might suggest additional experimentation.

1. MakeHuman(MH) addons for Blender. The obvious addon that is available is the .mhx file import (native MH file format) but there are other addons that allow for the import of .bvh mocap files and another that allows you to make clothes in blender and export them back to MH.

2. The MH .bvh mocap importer is better than the Blender importer and using a little program called BVHacker (free) you can easily make use of all the free Carnegie Mellon University .bvh files. BVHacker will allow you to easily take the CMU files and reduce the fps from 120 to 30, remove/merge/rename bones etc.

So make sure you give the additional addons a test - that is how the "Blue Lady" was created - If I remember correctly subject#80 salsa mocap and the dress was made using the MakeClothing addon.

• 3 months later...