Recommended 2d art tool for phaser

Zeephaser

Inkscape is a really good tool! I mean it's not easy-easy, but it creates beautiful vector graphics.

The workflow I recommend is : create the body parts in Inkscape, export them individually as PNGs at twice the final size, animate them in Spriter, export the animations frames, and pack the frames together with TexturePacker. In TexturePacker, scale the size down by 2 before exporting, to fit the ingame, final size of your assets. You can export the animations as a spritesheet + Phaser JSON hash atlas, which of course Phaser can handle.

Both Spriter and TexturePacker have free versions (with less features, but very good nonetheless).

Inkscape is a really good tool! I mean it's not easy-easy, but it creates beautiful vector graphics.

The workflow I recommend is : create the body parts in Inkscape, export them individually as PNGs at twice the final size, animate them in Spriter, export the animations frames, and pack the frames together with TexturePacker. In TexturePacker, scale the size down by 2 before exporting, to fit the ingame, final size of your assets. You can export the animations as a spritesheet + Phaser JSON hash atlas, which of course Phaser can handle.

Both Spriter and TexturePacker have free versions (with less features, but very good nonetheless).

I've always been a fan of gimp and inkscape but use something like texturepacker, it helps quite a lot. Not that I use it, but doing it all by hand in gimp is annoying.