Would you like to play? poll

Guramidev

Would you like to play?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Hearthstone-like game in HTML5

• Yes, definetly
    • May be
    • Depends on the game
    • Why when there is hearthstone already?
    • I don't like such type of games
    • No ( please comment )

I am planning to make a tactical turn based combat game and would really like to know, whether the community will like to play such kind of a game in HTML5. For those who don't know what genre it is i used a famous game name in poll title. Please feel free to leave comments.

P.S. The game will not be a copy of Heathstone. The poll name is just a simple way to show the game genre/type.

Sounds like a perfect example of an HTML game i.e. graphical intensity is not the main thing, gameplay is, and it is setup for the multiplayer experience, which the web is obviously perfectly suited for.

Thanks for your feedback, expresses my thoughts exactly.

Would be perfect on nodejs utilizing a websocket server as well. Just need to get an awesome artist to make the cards. I definitely would! Good luck!

Edit: You might not even need to use websockets, but I would :) It's so easy and fun!

Yes definetly it will utizlize websockets. I am doing it with Sails.js. I am not sure though whether i should use a game engine because all UI elements will be native DOM objects. May be the game process itself will be on Canvas / WebGL, not sure whether i need it or not yet.

Thanks for your feedback, expresses my thoughts exactly.

Yes definetly it will utizlize websockets. I am doing it with Sails.js. I am not sure though whether i should use a game engine because all UI elements will be native DOM objects. May be the game process itself will be on Canvas / WebGL, not sure whether i need it or not yet.

Yeah, I'd keep the animations and stuff done via canvas / webgl and use dom for the window overlays.  Take a look at treasurearena they utilize this method perfectly and works great.

Yeah, I'd keep the animations and stuff done via canvas / webgl and use dom for the window overlays.  Take a look at treasurearena they utilize this method perfectly and works great.

Thanks, will definetly look at that one.

I would most definitely love to see a game like that in HTML5. Keep us updated!

Absolutely will do, thank you