Sebavan

Metallic Workflow

7 posts in this topic

Metallic workflow is now supported by the BJS PBRMaterial:

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#12CWQQ#0

You can now precise your metallic texture and what channel to extract the roughness from with those properties on the pbr material:

material.metallicTexture = new BABYLON.Texture("https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55657011/metallicmerge.jpg", scene);
        material.useRoughnessFromMetallicTextureAlpha = false;
        material.useRoughnessFromMetallicTextureGreen = true;

Nabroski, jerome, NasimiAsl and 6 others like this

Hi, may I ask how were the metallic texture maps generated ? I'm getting very different results between spec and metal workflows. Attached ss uses texture maps from quixel and sample mesh from the quixel wiki.

ss_1.jpg

Get substance painter or a similar program or even nvidias pbr 3D photoshop plugin.  Or yeah quixel is good as well but remember you will still tweek your settings on the shader.

super sweet to see you use my model @Sebavan thanks for hooking this up for us! I'm impressed with the result.

On 12/19/2016 at 2:42 PM, Pryme8 said:

Or yeah quixel is good as well but remember you will still tweek your settings on the shader.

ok, thks...I will verify again. 3DO is showing me identical look so not entirely sure if its shader or texture generation discrepancy.

On 12/19/2016 at 7:24 PM, Wingnut said:

You modeled that gun, @Pryme8?  Nice! 

And, welcome to the forum, @phaselock.

Thanks for the feature contribution, @Sebavan.

I think @Pryme8 was referring to the helmet in the OP. Thanks for the warm welcome tho @Wingnut

Cheers.

Wingnut likes this

I have gun models like that if you need them as well ^_^, If you have any art questions you can ask me that's how I got into the industry.