I need cheap hosting

mazoku

There are quite a few topics already on this, try searching to get more info.

If you're happy setting up your own server then DigitalOcean are probably cheapest although an Amazon Micro instance is also pretty cheap (I'd guess the other big boys like Rackspace and Azure have similar cheap entry level offerings). If you're worried about setting up the server there are a wealth of info on how to do this, Digital Ocean have several very good and detailed instructions on this and its remarkably easy to do, just remember to only install what you need on the box i.e. if you're just serving static files then just install apache or nginx (or whatever), dont install stuff like Java, PHP, Node etc unless you need them.

• 2 weeks later...

If you really want to go cheap, you could use 000webhost which provides free hosting. It's not the most stable thing ever, but it's free.

But if you're going for a paid service, I don't recommend using anything that doesn't follow the "pay for what you use" model.

For a domain I recommend namecheap, you can buy one for 0.99 that lasts for an entire year if you don't mind using uncommon top-level domains like .pw.

On 07.01.2017 at 0:51 PM, mattstyles said:

There are quite a few topics already on this, try searching to get more info.

If you're happy setting up your own server then DigitalOcean are probably cheapest although an Amazon Micro instance is also pretty cheap (I'd guess the other big boys like Rackspace and Azure have similar cheap entry level offerings). If you're worried about setting up the server there are a wealth of info on how to do this, Digital Ocean have several very good and detailed instructions on this and its remarkably easy to do, just remember to only install what you need on the box i.e. if you're just serving static files then just install apache or nginx (or whatever), dont install stuff like Java, PHP, Node etc unless you need them.

Linode is a good choice as well.

• 1 month later...