How do you Create a mesh from a bounding box?

chicagobob123

Yep, that's right, CB.  It is also a way of indicating that a mesh has been "selected" (chosen). 

All in all... a powerful/handy little feature.  https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#TZSWRR#2

We can keep talking, but you might want to mark thread as 'solved', cb.  (thx)

This new glowLayer stuff looks like an interesting post-process thing.... too.  A way to show something is selected or has a force field.

HighlightLayer works pretty good, too.  I don't think either does "alpha blending" real well, though.  Watch out for issues with using it on semi-transparent mesh.  But other than that little thing, both of those "layers" things... work great.  I like 'em.

I have also used .emissiveColor to suddenly make a mesh "get bright", or start flashing on/off.  Mesh "state" changing... mesh.isEngulfedInFlames = true;  :) 

If you have a dark scene... just light-up the mesh in a bright spotlight... when it gets selected/chosen.  Lots of possibilities.  It sure is nice having an easy language like JS... be connected to a powerful 3D rendering engine, eh?  What a playground!   Etch-A-Sketch... eat your heart out.  :D  We got WAY MORE than two knobs... NOW.  heh!  We got us a Super-Sonic Etch-A-Sketch-from-hell, now.  :)

But still, nobody has "grown" a Fibonacci-infested JS-generated pine cone.  What the heck, eh?  Hardly anybody dynamically-generates pine cone and cauliflower stuff... with Fibonacci/Golden Mean/Phi numbers. 

Really, Fibonacci numbers (often called PHI - a ratio) show-up in a crapload of nature-things.  SO MUCH SO, that some have claimed that it is the key to the secret of life on Earth... and consciousness.  It is also very music-related (harmonies) (ours ears have Fibonacci shape, including the cochlea)... and "Fib" is the basis for heterodyning and other fun stuff.

Ya see, there's an "energy vortex" just south of Minneapolis... and if I can get enough singers, with a high-powered PA system, to sing "the right harmony"... while standing at the center of that vortex... then...

...probably nothing will happen.  But... Fibonacci numbers will be VERY involved... in that "nothing happened", definitely.  :)  (What a waste of a perfectly good comment, eh?  *nod*)  heh