Getting started with Phaser - physics not loaded

stuartabowler

Hi there,

I'm trying to get off the ground with creating my own phaser games, but I've hit a blocker that I just can't work out. I have a very basic setup, based on the Phaser Tutorial examples:

• index.html
  • js
    • phaser.min.js
  • assets
    • starfield.png

This is my very, very basic index.html code - but it falls over at the first hurdle when I try to access a game.physics method:

<!doctype html><html>    <head>        <meta charset="UTF-8" />        <title>hello phaser!</title>        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/phaser.min.js"></script>    </head>    <body>    <script type="text/javascript">    window.onload = function() {        var game = new Phaser.Game(1900, 1000, Phaser.AUTO, '', { preload: preload, create: create });        function preload () {            game.load.image('starfield', 'assets/starfield.png');        }        function create () {            game.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);            //  The scrolling starfield background            starfield = game.add.tileSprite(0, 0, 1900, 1000, 'starfield');        }    };    </script>    </body></html>

In Chrome I get the following error:

1. Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'enable' (index):48
    1. d.StateManager.loadCompletephaser.min.js:4
    2. d.Game.loadCompletephaser.min.js:5
    3. d.SignalBinding.executephaser.min.js:4
    4. d.Signal.dispatchphaser.min.js:4
    5. d.Loader.nextFilephaser.min.js:10
    6. d.Loader.fileCompletephaser.min.js:9
    7. a.data.onloadphaser.min.js:9

This is all running locally under Apache.

I have tried a few other basic things, but whenever I try to access any Phaser object methods I get this same 'Uncaught TypeError' issue.

I have phaser-examples set up locally, and these run just fine - as do the Phaser Tutorial examples. I have been trying to just build out from the tutorials to experiment and get to grips with everything. I assume it's a really dumb error, but I just can't see where I'm going wrong.

Any tips would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Stu

I cloned Phaser from Github. You're absolutely right, though - somehow I had v1.1.3 instead of v2 in my test game. I must have picked it up from one of the examples I was toying with. Switching to v2 has fixed everything - we have physics! Thank you.

Out of interest, I have seen comments suggesting using Gruntfile.js to build from - but I'm not clear what to do with that. 

Run `grunt` to perform a default build to the `dist` folder and update the examples.

Is it just a case of loading this file in a browser?