How to secure JavaScript code

lidev

Hi,

I have seen some games lastly in which you can not consult the code from the browser console, When you go to 'Sources' to look at the code it doesn't show anything, I would like to do that in my games too but I don't know how, is there anyone who can help me about this ?

Thanks

The game is running on a different website and zibbo is using an iframe to run the game in their portal. What they are also doing is waiting for ad to be shown so they can load the needed sciprts asynchronously. If you look in the console you can find the softgames domain and see the scripts.

• 1 month later...

JScrambler is a tool which can hit your performance up to 66% !!! Here are 6 reason not to use it:

http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/5807-best-way-to-hide-javascript-code/page-2#entry65903

If you want to protect your code and keep your performance intact I recommend Google Closure Compiler in Simple Mode and after that a obfuscation toolset like Jasob or others. They keep the speed intact.