[WIP] PiratePartay

markusT

post-7982-0-37600700-1424679151.jpeg

Started off as a "draw better sprites" exercise, ended up in this match three game. I'm quite happy with the quality of the game and the graphics.

PiratePartay

http://play.inkfood.com/piratepartay/

Make sure you get the highscore in Arcade mode. The Leaderboard is currently featured by clay.io.

The main target for this game are mobile devices  ;)

Any feedback appreciated and thanks for playing!

post-7982-0-60963900-1424679330.jpgpost-7982-0-15549800-1424679345.jpgpost-7982-0-18190000-1424679367.jpgpost-7982-0-67388200-1424679409.jpg

This is the fantastic game.

I really liked it.

but:

-I hardly saw the level-buttons on the map (all the were a small and It was difficult to see for me)

-I just touched and I didn't to move a line, but my step was counted whatever from me...

-The first game was very long, I was a little bored. I think first enemy must become easier than now. 

good luck

This is the fantastic game.
I really liked it.
but:
-I hardly saw the level-buttons on the map (all the were a small and It was difficult to see for me)
-I just touched and I didn't to move a line, but my step was counted whatever from me...
-The first game was very long, I was a little bored. I think first enemy must become easier than now. 

good luck

Your right first enemy is to hard, and takes too long to battle. I definitely have to change that. The level buttons could be increased in size as well. 

I just played it. Fun overall.

Did you make all of the graphics? If not, where did you get the rest of the graphics?

Issues:

1) Loading takes forever. Consider offloading some resources to Github.

2) The chat text letters are too close together and hard to read. Consider changing the colors from brown/black as well, and/or make the background lighter.

3) The instructions are too long for the small chat bubble. It should probably be just an overlay on the screen. (which could be a chat bubble)

4) In the instructions, you say "tap on an island"... It should be "tap on an island with a '!'".

5) Spell-check! "travel", not "travell". "loser", not "loser", and (more appropriately) "You lose!".

6) Works in Chrome, but not Chrome Canary.

7) The screen resizing doesn't work properly on any of my browsers. Probably because my Windows 7 custom DPI of 125% isn't being considered somehow. Consider using CSS + JS instead, like this: http://jsbin.com/peqacefo/6.

8) Timer needs to move constantly, not in spurts. Unnerving.

9) Sometimes, the timer and skull/crossbones don't get removed if I lose. They are at like 10% opacity. Replaying the level keeps them at that opacity.

10) The first timer level is too difficult. I only beat it on the 4th try.

11) When I make a match, the delay after seeing the first animation/graphics is too big. Needs to be faster.

12) I don't like being forced to wait for the animations to complete to move!

I just played it. Fun overall.

Did you make all of the graphics? If not, where did you get the rest of the graphics?

Issues:

1) Loading takes forever. Consider offloading some resources to Github.

2) The chat text letters are too close together and hard to read. Consider changing the colors from brown/black as well, and/or make the background lighter.

3) The instructions are too long for the small chat bubble. It should probably be just an overlay on the screen. (which could be a chat bubble)

4) In the instructions, you say "tap on an island"... It should be "tap on an island with a '!'".

5) Spell-check! "travel", not "travell". "loser", not "loser", and (more appropriately) "You lose!".

6) Works in Chrome, but not Chrome Canary.

7) The screen resizing doesn't work properly on any of my browsers. Probably because my Windows 7 custom DPI of 125% isn't being considered somehow. Consider using CSS + JS instead, like this: http://jsbin.com/peqacefo/6.

8) Timer needs to move constantly, not in spurts. Unnerving.

9) Sometimes, the timer and skull/crossbones don't get removed if I lose. They are at like 10% opacity. Replaying the level keeps them at that opacity.

10) The first timer level is too difficult. I only beat it on the 4th try.

11) When I make a match, the delay after seeing the first animation/graphics is too big. Needs to be faster.

12) I don't like being forced to wait for the animations to complete to move!

Wow, thats a huge list. Thank you for playing and finding these problems  :).

Yes I made all the graphics by my self, that was a huge portion of the overall work.

I will see what I can do about all the problems you mentioned above. Obviously some are more important then others.