HTML5 game portfolio

2Dcube

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and recently started looking into doing some HTML5 games and see where it takes me. I already got some help from Solidus, he's a really cool dude.

I made 3 little games so far, and with each game I try to take only 3 days or less of development time.

My portfolio: http://www.venbrux.com/html5-games/

(the site is optimized for mobile, as well as the games)

It would be great if anyone wants to comment on any of the games, and if you're a publisher feel free to message/email me.

I try to make original concepts, or do original takes on existing concepts and try to maintain a good level of polish. If I'm missing anything let me know! What I'm unsure about is how well my games fit the HTML5 market and exactly what HTML5 game players want. That's something I hope to keep learning with each game.

post-4848-0-07885400-1378472761.png

Thanks for the comment! If you have any constructive criticism feel free to tell me.

I haven't contacted any publishers yet but I will start soon.

Good point about minesweeper... Will definitely fix that in the next future update. It's annoying if you hit a mole right away isn't it. I'll make sure the first move always clears some of the grid.

Jesse Venbrux. It's been a long time! I definitely see your style being very welcome in the html5 market. What you have here is very likely to sell. Just remember it might be a month before you here back from anyone.

It's good to see you around. I look forward to more of your presence in the community.

Thanks for the supportive comments!

I really REALLY like the graphics of your candy game. It's simple and beautiful. Good luck selling sponsorships :)

That makes me glad, and surprised! I really didn't think about it much, but I think that shows that just going with your first intuition sometimes is best.

Jesse Venbrux. It's been a long time! I definitely see your style being very welcome in the html5 market. What you have here is very likely to sell. Just remember it might be a month before you here back from anyone.

It's good to see you around. I look forward to more of your presence in the community.

Good to see you again Ryguy! Your style has really improved over the years. Games are gorgeous.

I played Blocks Want Candy. I had fun, although the game was very similar to other such games I've played before.

I liked best the little touches (Blocks eyes followed candy when close, screen shake when blocks hit the wall).

It was fun!

Yeah it's not particularly a new idea but little details like that are really fun in my opinion.

Thanks! I always wondered how your games looked so good. Vectors. Go figure.

I'm impressed with your 3-day dev cycles for these games. I've done it before but never with so many in a row. Your ability to pump out small games will do you well in this early market.

When I know what I'm doing dev time can be very short.. Though I must say that I tried dabbling in HTML5 game dev before and spent a week on something that didn't turn out good, but recently I looked into the market more and found inspiration.

I'll post here again when I have details on how the licensing is going.

• 2 months later...

BUMP

I promised to update this topic with information about how my games were doing... so I'm doing that now.

To be honest I have not further pursued much with HTML5, in stead wandering off to do other things. But I have sold 4 non-exclusive licenses (to 2 companies, one took all 3 which was Buongiorno). I can't state the amounts but the prices were good (not underselling myself). I feel I can probably sell more if I can reach some more publishers so I might jump into the HTML5 thing again soon.

Yes awesome games (especially blocks want candy ;)) perfectly designed for html5 market.

I am curious: are you using a tool like game maker or construct or is it your own framework?

EDIT: ok, found my answer on another site sharing the same loader and code style :D It's gamemaker ^^.

signed : a developer who spent the last 2 or 3 months of his spare time having the head into his own stuff, just emerging and discovering what is around ;D.